Pages

Sunday, June 22, 2008

summer outings part I

We went up the canyon to roast some hot dogs and marshmallows one evening because of the nice weather. Everyone else in Salt Lake and beyond apparently had the same idea. It took awhile to find a spot but we finally did and had a good time trying to keep Kate from running down the hill into the river. She likes hot dogs. She really really likes the chocolate for s'mores.
Kate and I went to the zoo yet again (this will be ongoing through the summer so expect many more zoo picture installments) and had a good time looking at the penguins. Man she's cute in her little hat. It kind of depends on the time of day that we go, but animals are much more active in the evening. This time was late afternoon and it was the penguins who were active. Kate had a good time watching them swim, hide in their tire-toys, eat their fish, and waddle around in a big herd. She got a little upset when I tried to load her in her stroller again...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

She sure has learned to use her pointer finger.

Amie said...

Hey, yeah...Kellie. Kellie, Kellie, Kellie. Love the girl. She's actually my sister-in-law now, being married to my little brother, Mark. Crazy small world, right? I'll tell her you say hi. She'll laugh. :D

Andrus Family said...

I love the hat, too!

Anonymous said...

I love my little neice. She's just the cutest thing ever. (for now that is)

Anonymous said...

Next summer we'll have to get zoo passes together. Than the kiddies can play.