Pages

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Jackson Hole

We went to Jackson Hole with John, Janet, Matt, Melissa, Sam, Grant, Jen, Hudson, Alicia and AJ. We had a great time and Kate was so good for the long drive. The weather was not very cooperative however and rained most of the time we were there. We went hiking one day and were blessed with some good weather. The other days we spent our time in town shopping and looking around. I haven't been able to find the cool old-fashioned saloon pictures we had done but I'm sure they're in a box i just haven't been through yet. That's so sad I haven't been through all the boxes yet. I'll post them when I locate them. We also spent a lot of time just hanging out in the very cool house and playing games.


Kate wearing mommy's gloves against the chilly weather.

Jon celebrated his birthday with his favorite - Marie Callendar's blueberry cream pie brought by Matt and Melissa. Kate didn't mind.

We did some extra work for Alicia that used large envelopes. They had stickers on them with which Alicia promptly decorated Kate.

This is the boat ride to the hike. It was COLD!!!

Getting ready to pack the kiddo up the hill...


On the boat again. I'm just envious of John's gear.

Shhhh! I'm not sure why we're being quiet...

That is one tough chick!

At the boat dock.

AJ

It was BEAUTIFUL. Note the tiny little people on the bottom left :)

At Hidden Falls

Matt and Sam, Grant and Hudson

Alicia shooting the scene

I just like the contrast, shapes, and pseudo-creepy beauty of this shot.

Changing Sam's diaper. Nicest changing table ever.

Jenny Lake

Tight-roping?

Kate befriending the locals

John and Janet

There was a nice place to just sit and enjoy the view of Jenny Lake so we did so for quite awhile.

Matt, Melissa, and Sam

The Tetons

The Tetons have a very jagged shape. It was sort of neat to see that something as basic as "a mountain" doesn't necessarily invoke the images we know.

We passed this lone tree in the middle of a grassy plain on the way to the hike and I pulled the car over (much to the chagrin of the inhabitants) to shoot it. I LOVE this tree, the way it bends with the weight of years of wind, how it sits by itself, the sloping mountain in the background.

The tree again. My obsession.

This is another shot taken after I pulled the car over (again) mostly because I was overwhelmed that those impressive mountains I had been awed by earlier where dwarfed by the magnificence of the light and clouds.

I just thought it was funny that Kate ran outside in her diaper to see what was going on. That's my kid. :)

Hudson. I think this might be paper he's playing with but I can't remember.

We were staying at a nice place in Grand Teton Village and there were some horses coralled at the bottom of the village. They were beautiful horses and I'd never seen any like them before. They were HUGE horses. I wish I knew what kind they were. Kate wanted badly to see them but was scared to death to go close.

Jen and Hudson. Hudson appears to be hungry. And surprised.

Kate loves her Grandma!

I never did get a good picture with Kate by the huge fake buffalo. She was TERRIFIED of it, even though I showed her it wouldn't move and she could pet it. Ah well. Maybe next time. Kate is funny about her headbands. If she is happy she likes wearing them but the minute she gets stressed or scared or impatient, off comes the headband. This buffalo is in downtown Jackson Hole.

No comment is worthy of this picture.

3 comments:

Jagged Rocks said...

I love Jackson hole, I haven't been there since before my dad died though. I really should go back.

Jen and Grant said...

That was a fun trip, even though we were stuck inside most of the time.

Stewart said...

I loved seeing your pictures of everyone. Wish I was there. Love Stewart