Pages

Saturday, October 17, 2009

June. And it's a long one.

So June actually took me a good deal longer to get ready to post, simply due to the volume of pictures. We went on a trip to Jackson Hole with Jon's family and afterwards headed to Yellowstone for a day. Had a great time, but as you can imagine, I took way too many pictures so going through them takes awhile. Ah well. So three major events of June: AJ's graduation, yellowstone/jackson, and the zoo. I'll post Jackson/Yellowstone separately.

The Zoo then. Each month seems to have a plethora of zoo visits and, cameraholic that I am, I cannot leave behind a moment unshot. :D Kate loves the zoo (actually I do too) and as it is so close it seems a shame not to go often. Kate's cousins came with her this month too.

Grant and Meghan by the tiger habitat
This is kind of funny. My camera was low on battery but I didn't notice until after this shot. Kim is trying to get her kids arranged and everyone looking at me for a smile but my camera died right after this one. So you'll just have to imagine the smiles.Grant's favorite thing on earth - maps.
Train ticket!On the train
Zoo visit #2 This is also funny. The bears have this big plastic black tube in their habitat. One of the bears put it on their head and started playing with the other bear who wanted the big black tube. At one point both bears had their heads in the tube. I couldn't stop giggling. I felt like a 6-year-old. It was great.


AJ's graduation from Brighton: I cannot believe that people with hearts/souls/brains would make anyone where this dreadful BRIGHT orange for one of the most important moments of life. Now I really don't have anything against orange, but this was a wicked shade of orange. Mixing it with blue doesn't help. It's like they're trying to say, "see look at how pretty blue is, then look at this horrible horrible orange in comparison." Obviously I was concentrating on what I should have been. Really, congrats AJ, that's a big achievement. The ceremony was, ahem, unique. It was at the E center and the students had a little beach ball going around and they seemed jubilant but not disrespectful but in the middle of the program the principal got up and told them off for being so. I didn't get it. Anyway, here's a few pics from that event.
Baby Hudson
The Big Moment
The Fam

No comments: